Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Get Checked Native Men by Me! LOL

First, I am a 100% PURE bred REZ girl: born and raised on the Navajo Reservation (REZ), grew up on the REZ, lived by Navajo traditional principles (Not church or colonized principles), and had all REZ experiences in every fashion/form. So I am an extremely proud REZ girl! Let me re-phase, I am an extremely proud NAVAJO female and love being ME. I have been raised by the BEST men in the world who are my grandfathers and know what it is to be TRUE men; so when I say this to my Native men it is no disrespect. I have also known a LOT of great Native men besides my elders who shaped the course of my life in their own way, like my father. AND I have dated many Native men in my lifetime. However, I have a LOT of Native men talking sideways about Native females saying we are: gold diggers, have mad kids, uneducated, have no ambition, think simple, and other stuff on a repeated basis, but like you Native men, we are not ALL like that. For me for instance, I will use me as the case because I speak for myself, I am not a gold digger, I am getting my Ph.D, I am stable, I am a traditional Navajo woman, and I have no kids. So, I do not fit in that stereotype I keep hearing about. However, I have to say I have dated Native men and they also have issues. I will speak on the least touchy subjects right now and get into deeper ones as the show goes on. First, Native men do not know how to “approach” a Native women PROPERLY. It is not cute when Native men are so passive-aggressive. For instance, if you are at Gallup mall (mall near the REZ…aye) do not say “Shhhht”. Instead, please come up to us like a man and say, “Hello, my name is (blah blah)”. Be a man and approach a female in the proper way. Second, do not be cheap! Your Native female is worth than mutton sandwich/frybread at the flea market in Gallup (aye) lol. Third, tell a female and show her how you feel that “if” you are feeling her then show it and tell her. Do not be shy (that is annoying). Keep it real with her. For instance, recently I had Native guy #1 who I have had a crush on now for like 4 years (since 2009) and he probably does/might not feel the same and not show it in a “manly “way. Maybe he did it in his own way, maybe-granted, but it was questionable, but was in an extremely passive-aggressive demeanor. So, I went to the REZ during the holidays and we saw each other and it was cool but when it came down to it turned to be “awkward” because he was not clear on stuff. He acted like he liked me but then he seemed also “shy” or “reserve” or “passive-aggressive” and myself, personally, do not understand that because I am a straight up person. So, I just left that alone. Second, last night I know a Tuscurora male I know from back in the day, because he was friends with my cousins ex-boyfriend. Ten years ago I met him and he was nice but in a relationship and was my cousins ex-boyfriend’s friend. So, last night he starts FB messaging me sexually explicit conversation out of the blue. And I tell him, “Oh, so this is how Native men talk to Native girls now?” And he apologized. However, so this is how Native men are now! Ya’ll need to step up! I would love to date a Native male but at this point y’all are scared, intimidated, awkward, judgemental, etc…so please get your shizz together! I still love y’all tho. No love lost from me because I am also a Native girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment