Saturday, January 11, 2014

Do Native Men Hate Us Native Women Dating Black Men?

I have to state, do Native men hate us Native women dating Black men? My answer is absolutely! I have no idea why Native men are so prominent about this factor. I do not see them going “haywire” when Native women date White, Mexican, Asian men. It has been my observation and my experience. And it is not only limited to Navajo men having that complex but Native men in general (all tribes inclusive), because I have gotten my share of comments throughout my life about and all negative. However, when they used to see my ex-dude face-to-face (6”6” Black Male) there were no REAL words said to him to tell them how they felt. That bothered me. Also had a lot of other Native female friends experience this. For example, one of my homegirls who used to go to Haskell said she was cool with all the Native male athletes because she hooped and as soon as she was cool with one Black male all the Native dudes stopped being cool with her. I also had a dude state to me recently in relation to my blogs and in relation to my future radio project, saying “???? Who cares about that stuff when theres real problems on our rez? Theres too many people taking advantage of elders .... especially their kids or grand kids. If you cant date or marry a native you got issues on keeping our blood strong. Sorry for pissing u off.” I remember this same dude came up to me when I was dating my Ex (who is Black) here in Vegas three years ago and had a problem with it because he stated it to my face back then. He did not like the fact I was dating a Black man and his wife had to talk to him about how it was not that big of a deal. He did express to me then and now how I have "issues' because I am not with a Native dude (lol). I mean why do Native men do not like us dating Black men but it is okay if we date: Mexican, Latino, White, Asian, etc…Are you guys prejudice? Intimidated? What is it? Let us know…but do not hate on us when we do and you all are NOT stepping to the plate as well. I hate people being hypocrites when you all should be the solution. I’m just saying. I would absolutely LOVE to date a Native male. And if I don't it's not because I have issues..maybe look in the mirror as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment