Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Same Type

Same Type

“I’ve been down this road before and yeah I skidded but forget it
damn, yeah, I wonder why I never why I learned my lesson
it’s feeling like the second chance and its the first impression
and I heard it’s nothing new except for someone new
but how you supposed to find the one when anyone will come with you
talking to myself but I never listen,
cuz man it’s been a while, and I swear that this ones different
that’s why I’mma take you anywhere you wanna go
let you meet my friends so they can lecture me again about
how reckless I have been
and I’m slowly running out of all the time that I invest in
making all the same mistakes
and I’m just trying to correct it and I fall..
I swear I always fall for your type, for your type
tell me why I always fall for your type, for your type” –Fall for Your Type Lyrics by J. Foxx and Drake

LOL I laugh at these lyrics and this song in particular because this is ME fo’ sure when it comes to CHOOSING the same type of men to date. It’s funny because I had a conversation with my bestest guy BFF and here I go telling ALL my dating stories. So he says to me, “Well you’re the one that chooses these men to date so have you ever thought that your choosing the wrong ones?”!!! EPIPHANY came starring right in my face! OMG he is sooo right! I have never truly dated on a serious level an educated guy with at least a Bachelor’s degree or someone more financially stable than me per se. I have never dated my equal. My equal…my equal. How would that feel like? What do I have to change my dating outlook and perspectives to make sure I look outside my box? How do I choose better men? These are all questions I asked myself from one time or another. My thing is I want the dude exactly like me..not a square, street smarts, act Rez, but know how to act in every environment, educated, doin’ him, and go this business together. Conclusion is I just haven’t found him yet because a lot of people are on one extreme..either extra ghetto OR extra nerdy…where’s the combo of the nerdy/ghetto dude at?? One that could hold me down on the streets and the United Nations? One who does not act too boozhy and can get grimey but drives a Benz and is educated? I’ll just cross my fingers EXTRA hard and see…until next time my Native girls..*Cheers and good-luck finding yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment