Monday, December 30, 2019

Single during New Year's Eve

Ladies, ladies, ladies...if you are sad because you don't have a special someone to spend NYE with, then you better check yourself. People get too caught up in the mindset of being with someone "just to have someone", especially for the holidays. Let's fallback and recollect this mindset for a minute. First, celebrating NYE alone can be a good thing because we are bringing it in with someone we love, ourself, and there is nothing more real than that. Remembering to love ourselves with a strong imposition on knowing that we do NOT need a man to make us happy and our happiness does not stem from a man, but within ourselves is a powerful mindset. With that, start your New Year off with that powerful mindset instead of a self-pity one. Again, let me state, start your New Year thoughts with a powerful mindset. Your thoughts, your intuition, your brain is a powerful entity that we need to respect and hold value to it. Our value involves how we think about ourselves and please do not bring that negative energy into YOUR New Year. Be positive. Bring light. Be patient. Also, understanding the notion of timing is important. Meaning, you were JUST not meant to be with someone at this point of your life. When it is your time, it will happen. I remember when I was doing my PhD work and it took me 6 years to complete my program. I was down and out by being hard on myself when I was at year 5 and told my male relative, "Man, I've been in this program for  5 years and I'm still not done." My relative told me, "It's not your time for whatever reason, be patient, it will happen when it's your time." What do you know, year 6 I graduated and got an amazing postdoctoral fellowship working under the second best researcher in the world at UCLA School of Medicine. I believe the same will happen with me and my future partner. I believe I will be with someone who is the best for me. In the meantime, my date tomorrow will be one of my besties. We will laugh, dance, drink and make amazing memories that we will share for the rest of our best lives! Cheers my sisters! Let's toast with optimism and powerful thoughts to the New Year! -Love Peace and Frybread Grease from your single and fabulous Native Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment