Sunday, April 7, 2019

Being Single and Fabulous

First off I have to say I"m sorry I have not posted in a minute. My fellow women who follow my blog have been asking me to write something as y'all apparently love this blog thing I do, and I'm very appreciative!

I'm sitting here reflecting on my life by a white sandy beach, clear blue water, and (OH!) don't forget the mimosa in my hand ladies. WOW! I must say my life has been a roller coaster of interesting and also...I don't know the word for this but a single woman adventure. You see, I have worked/lived in dual cities since 2016, for 3 years now. First at UCLA in Los Angeles and now at University of West Florida in Pensacola, FL. I have spent a lot of time alone while living and traveling between two cities for work. Through this time I have found out a LOT about myself.
(
By the way, a brief moment of my past. I remember when I was a BROKE-ASS college student at ASU at the age of 20 something, and barely had $20 to my name, I was driving in downtown Phoenix in my Honda Accord. I saw a red Mercedes Benz next to me at the red light. I thought to myself, "I want a Mercedes, my dream car, I will get one - one day, I will not be broke, and I will make it, and when I do, I'm buying me a Benz." Today, I own both a Benz and a Jaguar and a house. (Disclaimer: This is NOT about bragging, it's about going through a REZ journey and believing you CAN do it too!). Believe me I worked and still work my a** off to be able to do what I do, and still have visions for myself to be more successful. This vision doesn't stop.

1. I enjoy my own company and I am my own best friend. Being alone as much as I am, I have in a way no choice but to enjoy myself. I take myself out to dinners, concerts, shopping sprees, extravagant travels, and buy myself expensive things like a Jaguar. I sometimes think how a Native girl like me made it to live the life I live now? I often think it's surreal.

I remember when I was living in LA, Jill Scott had a concert at the Hollywood Bowl and no one could/wanted to go with me. (P.S. I"m a huge Jill Scott fan!) So I took an uber to Hollywood Bowl as I knew I would have wine at the concert. And my uber driver was pretty hot and we talked a lot and we exchanged numbers, LOL, which is besides the point. I went to the concert, ALONE, and sat by two wonderful people, a Black mom and her daughter. I ended up becoming friends with them and so I never felt alone. The air was perfect because it's an outside venue, Jill Scott was perfect because - she just is -, my unknown befriended company was perfect, my wine was perfect - Merlot -, and my uber drive was perfect because he was fine. This is a perfect example of a "Bushy date." My advice to women are just enjoy being alone, being single isn't a negative thing! In fact to me, I'm living my best life ladies!

2. Dating. When you're single, confident, and comfortable in your own BROWN, NATIVE skin, men notice! Well, let me say this correctly, non-intimidated, confident men notice (those are the kind we want ladies)! You attract what you give off. There's energy that you exude that let men know you're confident, you're comfortable being alone, you don't necessarily need them, and you being happily single lets them be more honest. When men find you exude an amount of neediness, insecurity (financially or emotionally), etc..I feel they are more prone to take advantage of that- and they will - (those conniving bastards).

My premise of this blog is it's okay to be single, go out and enjoy yourself and don't feel insecure about having dinner alone, going to concerts alone, going to clubs/lounges alone, traveling alone! Do you BOO's! -Love, Peace, and Mutton Grease


No comments:

Post a Comment