Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Shopping & Men…Same difference?


When someone asks you what do you want in a relationship? What do you think? What do you say? Do you know what you want? I mean truly-truly want? If you cannot answer this question then I’m suggesting that maybe you do not know what you really want and maybe you are not ready to be in a relationship at this point.

I had a somewhat funny epiphany last week. Last week I went to Ross (dress for less) store and I had my shopping cart. I started walking around the store browsing for “whatever” because I was not looking for a certain item in particular, I was just looking. About 1.5 hours in the store my shopping cart was filled with a bunch of clothes (pants, skirts, blouses, dresses). I literally had like about 30 items in my cart. I tried each item on and either it did not fit or it fit but did not look or feel right. Out of all my items I only purchased one pencil skirt for $15.99. I mean I spent like almost 3 hours in one store and walked out with one item! What a waste of time I thought. Have you ever done this? My guess if you are a female and you like to shop then you probably have.

 After my time spent at Ross I started thinking of the analogy of shopping and men. When we shop and try on garments, it is the process of elimination. We buy what “fits” and that makes us look/feel fabulous! Could we say the same thing about men? Dating is the process of elimination; we date until we find what “fits” and make us feel fabulous!

As stated previously when I went into Ross I wasted a lot of time browsing for anything. I did not go in with an idea of what I wanted or needed. I feel my time could have been more productive if I thought,” I need more business/casual dresses because I own very few.” Then I could have went into Ross and looked only in those aisles and left.  Same about men I think. We need to look for what we want instead of taking our time browsing in wrong aisles searching for something we do not need. Have you ever noticed that when men shop they already know what they want/need and go right in and buy it and they are out of the store within 15-20 minutes? So ladies, evaluate your closets/drawers and when you go shopping next time, shop with distinction! Shop like you are at the flea market in Gallup looking for that turquoise necklace and you evaluate every aspect of the quality of it before you purchase it. You know that necklace is unique and you know the quality of it and so you want it but you thoroughly evaluate it beforehand! Ayyyyeeeee!
Anyways I LOVE shopping so I thought this would hit the nail in the head with you likewise fashionistas! P.S. On a shopping note I bought my first pair of vintage Chanel earrings *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment