Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Positivity


I had a conversation with one of my girls one Saturday night. I was telling her I gained a lot of weight in my previous relationship and lost weight since but my body image about myself was negative. She then tells me “When I first met you my first perception of you is that you were really pretty, have a baby face, looked youthful, perfect nose, and you are beautiful!” I told her “When I first met you I thought you had a perfect body and your body is perfect!” The next day I was talking with a guy who I was dating and his friend. His friend told me “We were just talking about you earlier and talking about how pretty we think you are”. The point is someone is always thinking good thoughts about you even when your not!! We need to surround ourselves more by people who think and verbalize good things in general and about ourselves. Also, as Natives we have this philosophy to always think “good thoughts”. You never want to bring negativity into your universe by “thinking bad thoughts” because that will bring bad things to you. As the Natives say it “living in beauty around you” is a blessing we can bring upon ourselves.

As some people say “Every person has a king and a fool in them”. The one that people to talk to more “the king of the fool” GROWS. Meaning, if a person is “putting you down” constantly, then you start to believe them or if a person is constantly talking to you in a positive light (“you are smart”, “you are pretty”), then you start to believe them. Your relationships reveal and decide your self-portrait, which is the way you see yourself. The people around you paint the picture you have of yourself. The way you see yourself can determine what you pursue. The way you see yourself is more powerful. You will ALWAYS act like the person you think you are. What you keep hearing you will eventually believe. So again, surround yourself by positive people who uplift you! This is in regards to every relationship: family, friends, romantic partners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment