Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Men

As some of you have read on my FB, I have been kickin’ it with about 6 of my male friends all weekend. They are all Black, educated, good jobs with a 401(k), and cool. Four out of six are not married and have no kids, including my best male friend. All weekend they were talking about females in terms of: relationships, getting’ some, what females lack, what we don’t do, what we don’t understand about men, and what need men. From their insight these are some common quotes or themes:

-Men are only as faithful as their options. What they elaborated on about this is no matter if you are married or not, if a female looks hot and she “comes onto me” then more than likely it will happen. It will definitely happen if I know my girl/wife will NOT find out. It’s hard for a man to stay faithful and about 90% of men feel like this. Also, they like YOUNGER females, especially purely for a physical relationship.

-Woman should never pursue a man. If a man likes you then he will show it. Point blank.

-Men don’t really want to settle down. It’s hard for a man to settle down.

-Men are simple. All men talk about are sports, girls, and entertainment. Men get tired of us females telling them our daily play-by-play episodes.

-Men want women to be more self-sufficient. I heard that when they start dating a girl and she has to call him to help her fix everything or do everything, they get tired of that. Their thinking is what did you do before I came along? Soooo keep doing that. Don’t depend on me for everything.

-Women want a MAN to be a man but women today are not stepping up as women. They said my girl/wife wants me to mow the lawn and do all the outside work and is not mindful about giving me water while I’m doing all the outside work. Because when she’s cooking and I see dishes there I help her wash them. Basically, they say that women nowadays do not know how to cook/clean anymore when they expect us to do everything for them.

-They want a woman to hold a decent, intelligent conversation and not talk about “The Real Housewives of Atlanta”. They actually like intelligent women. Like from the movie Coming to American, Eddie Murphy said, “I want a woman to spark my intellect as well as my loins”.

-They like women to like sports. They like it when females like sports and can have  a conversation about sports. They think it’s cool and love it.

-To top it off they said what most women don’t understand is if you do what they feel is ‘nice’ (don’t nag, cook, have sex) then a man will WANT to do things for you without you asking him/telling him too.

Well at the end of the day I told them “Look, regardless, a marriage or whatever is a partnership, nothing more/nothing less”. I feel you look out for each other and support each other. You HAVE to be on the same page financially in order to spend, save, or invest. It’s a team. If we both work then if one cooks/cleans then the other does other chores, teamwork. It’s mutual investment into each other and the relationship, you are a team! If you do this and that then I should want to do this and that because we are both helping each other out to get to the same goals/objectives. It’s really not that hard to figure that out. They said “Not very women think like that and most women want us to do everything.” Well, maybe their not meeting the right women then? LOL IDK. Funny weekend to talk about this stuff all weekend with a bunch of dudes.



No comments:

Post a Comment