Thursday, July 14, 2016

Why do unavailable men want to hit on me?

Over the past few months I’ve been hit on by numerous married, engaged, or committed men. It baffles me. I’m thinking do I act/look like I’m some sort of “jump-off?” What is going on to make these men think I would be interested in engaging in any kind of non-appropriate activities with them? However, let me state that most of these men who hit on me are acquaintances and I know them in some capacity, whether it’s through mutual friends, work, or we’re friends. Also, it’s not like they hit on me right off the back, at first we are cool, and eventually comes the time when they try to hit on me.

For example, I have a friend who was engaged (now married). We do work together and a group of us went out for drinks and it ended up just being us talking about projects we were interested in doing together. He starts flirting a  little and I’m like, “you’re engaged.”  He says, “Yeah, but I’m only marrying her because we’ve been together for a while and she at least deserves that but I’m still gonna do me.” I’m thinking then why are you getting married fool!

Another friend of mine is still living with his “ex-fiancee”, so he says. He wanted to start a real committed relationship with me and I’m like “NOPE!” You’re still living with your “girl.” He denies that they’re still together like that, but regardless, you’re still caught up in a situation.


These men know I ain’t no fool and I don’t play those type of games. Maybe I’m just too laid back and cool, thinking men don’t have certain type of agendas. At one point I thought is it something I"M doing? Then, I thought why am I even asking myself that question. It's stupid for me to think that being a cool person grants a man to hit on me. I had to check myself. 

However, I'm not fully available right now to be in a serious relationship because my time is dedicated and prioritized to myself, that maybe I am putting out the energy of attracting men who are not "available" as well. Maybe I'm putting out this energy. Just maybe. 

Over the past few months I’ve been hit on by at least 10 men who are caught up with someone. It makes me think, like dayum, are any men faithful? And how did I all of a sudden become a committed men magnet? I don’t want somebody else’s man! Especially, when I can damn well get my own. But, after all these unfaithful men, I’m skeptical all over again about are there really any faithful men around? Also, I don't think this male and female friendship thing works out if eventually every man tries to hit on you at some point, LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment